Wednesday 9 November 2011

Snakeskin book cover

The Devil’s Dictionary

Designed by Conor Whelan | Country: Ireland
This was a fun project to design a new publication of ‘The Devil’s Dictionary’, a satirical dictionary of common terms by Ambrose Bierce, first published at the end of the 19th Century.
I thought a snake theme was appropriate as it relates to the devil but also represents slyness and cynicism, which are important elements of the book, and I tried to convey this through the snakeskin texture, the tongue-shaped bookmark, and acidic green colour.










I’m a 21 year-old Visual Communication Student going into my final year in the National College of Art and Design, Dublin. I love clever and well thought out graphic design, and I hope to work in printed and motion graphics in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment